Monday 7 October 2013

Simply Retro: Dapper Aiden Quilt

I have had this Retro Rocket Rascals Astronauts from Michael Miller for a few years now and I thought this is a great project to use up this cute fabric.


Making this quilt hasn't been exactly smooth. There are a few hiccups along the way as what I had original imagined in my head didn't quite work out in reality. One I made a few block I realised white solid isn't going to work and I had to dash to the shop and get something to match the intended fabric without stealing the light away from those cute astronauts. Contrast of the fabric also played an important role as essentially this is one of those quilt you only use as few as 2 fabrics. I ended up with multi-colored-small-dotted design in white. 



As it is a directional print slicing this fabric and sewing the blocks required a bit more planning but otherwise I am happy with the end result. The quilting is simple organic straight line, however I use a few different color thread alternating throughout the quilt.



When I first glance through the book this was my favourite design. Now it's going to a nice home waiting for a baby boy to arrive! Counting down the days now...

No comments:

Post a Comment