Tuesday 8 October 2013

Knee Patch and exercise my applique skill.

First day back at kinder and realised that 3 of my son's pants have holes in them, and 2 other pair are also getting a bit thin on the left knee area. My first thought was to go to shop and get a pair (just in case) and wonder how can I patch it up?

Once again the lovely blog land and google has rescue me --- thank goodness it's an easy job and super cute. My favourite is the monster knee patch, it would work nicely with any kind of pants. I use washable felt fabric for the job and Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 Fusible Web to help me bond it to the correct spot before I sew around it to secure it permanently.

  
Following the birthday party theme, I did a fossil knee path re-sizing this pattern. Again I use washable felt fabric that was given as a gift and applique it onto the pants. 


My son's favourite is probably the red Power Ranger knee patch. I go this idea when I saw a Lego Ninjago Knee Patch from Pinterest, but since my son is into Power Ranger I decided to make that instead.



All in a day's work, nice! Now let's hope these 3 pairs will last a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment