Monday 27 January 2014

Tribute Star Quilt.

I first came across this pattern from a post in my guild, the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild. I felt in love with it instantly and it has been on my mind since. It is a free pattern designed by Becca Bryan of Bryan House Quilt, using Denyse Schmidt's fabric line Florence. I love the simplicity of it and yet it produce a stunning result.

I have kept the 'star' in its original size but altered the border as this is going to be a baby quilt. The final quilt is approx. 40 by 41 inches, using Sarah Jane's fabric that I have kept for something special. 



As for quilting the quilt, I follow and extend the outline of the star with straight line quilting. The lines looks like arrows pointing towards the star, drawing the eyes to the focus of this quilt. 




If you have a chance, do check out Becca Bryan's quilting on this quilt. Her free form quilting is simply brilliant and creating a flow of line movement that really adds dimension to the solid background.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment